Annual Survey - 2012 Report
2012 report can be ordered now!
The sixth annual Self Storage Survey from the Self Storage Association United Kingdom and produced by Drivers Jonas Deloitte shows that most operators are reporting continued resilience in the sector, despite the economic conditions. Although the average billed room rate has fallen slightly, to £21.06 per square foot per annum, the survey results show a positive picture from the industry.
· Average occupancy among mature facilities (facilities open for more than 5 years) has risen from 68% to 70%
· Rents have grown by a cumulative 7% pa over the last five years – although have fallen 4% in 2012
· Length of customer stay remains stable
· Business customers have taken a higher proportion of occupied space
· Over 880,000 sq ft of development space is available for future potential expansion within existing facilities, if the economic conditions allow.
To order a copy of the survey please contact email@example.com.