The Self Storage Association (SSA UK) is the principal trade association representing both self storage operators and industry supplier members’ interests in the UK.
The mission of the SSA UK is to:
- Set the standard for the industry
- Promote the self storage industry in the UK
- Provide industry specific research
- Provide a lobbying forum to promote industry interests with statutory bodies
- Provide a forum for discussion and debate between members through a network of events including the annual conference, and regional meetings.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of self storage and promote best practice within the industry
SSA UK currently has a membership of approximately 440 storage operators and suppliers to the industry with membership growth in line with the sector. Nationally, there are approximately 1,582 primary facilities, offering approximately 45.6 million square feet of rentable space (Source Cushman & Wakefield/SSA UK).
The SSA UK is directed by experienced non-executive Directors from member organisations and has close affiliations with the Federation of European Self Storage Associations (FEDESSA). The professional management team of the Association is led by Rennie Schafer.
For further information on the SSA UK or if you are interested in becoming a member, please contact us or using the 'Membership' tab above, view or download our membership brochure and benefits chart.
Self Storage Association UK Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1270 623150
Fax: +44 (0) 1270 623471
Registered in England 03132537