The Self Storage Association (SSA UK) is the principal trade association representing both self storage operators and industry supplier members’ interests in the UK.
The mission of the SSA UK is to:
- Set the standard for the industry.
- Promote the self storage industry in the UK.
- Provide industry specific research.
- Provide a lobbying forum to promote industry interests with statutory bodies.
- Provide a forum for discussion and debate between members through a network of events including the annual conference, and regional meetings.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of self storage and promote best practice within the industry.
SSA UK currently has a membership of approximately 370 storage operators and suppliers to the industry.
The Association’s membership continues to grow in line with the industry. Nationally there are approximately 1505 primary facilities, offering approximately 44.6 million square feet of rentable space.
The SSA UK is directed by experienced non-executive Directors from member organisations and has close affiliations with the Federation of European Self Storage Associations (FEDESSA).
The professional management team of the Association is led by Mr Rennie Schafer.
For further information on the SSA UK or if you are interested in becoming a member, please contact us and we would be happy to help.