Finding the right people is essential for the success of your business and the industry as a whole. Get it right and you will gain from staff continuity and loyalty with a successful store team who are happy, motivated, stay longer and deliver on targets. Get it wrong and your business will suffer
Recruiting the right team members first time will:
- Allow you to focus on running your business, not deal with under-performing staff
- Respect your customers and cultivate a great customer experience
- Be invested in your company reducing the need to continually replace staff
- Contribute more quickly to your bottom line
- Contribute to your company’s culture
The wrong team will:
- Disrupt the efficiency and productivity of an existing team
- Lose customers and revenue
- Negatively impact team morale
- Further increase recruitment costs to find a replacement
Did you know an unfavourable customer service experience is the No. 1 reason customers move on??
This session will cover:
- How to identify the type of person you want to attract that align with your core values
- How to attract and recruit staff based on your values
- What induction training for new members should look like and include
- The key aspects of team training and development both initially and ongoing
- Understanding onboarding and retention - what makes your employees happy and how to keep them motivated
Trainer - Julia West
With 18 years’ experience in the self storage industry as Operations and HR Manager of Fort Knox Self Storage in Melbourne, Australia, Julia has extensive knowledge of how to recruit, build and grow a winning team.
With a passion for coaching and mentoring Julia has innate ability to engage and develop team dynamics to create a genuine team inclusive culture, embracing company core values while increasing workplace happiness and longevity.
A dynamic leader, Julia works in collaboration and alignment of teams to focus on key deliverables and implementation of goals and targets while offering a strong value proposition and delivering excellence in customer satisfaction. Julia has developed and facilitated numerous inhouse training and development workshops to strengthen the team’s skills and knowledge and improve productivity.
SSA UK/FEDESSA Members @ £30 + VAT per person
Non-Members @ £130 + VAT per person
10.00am - 1.00pm
If a non-member takes up membership within 6 months of attending an event, the SSA UK will reimburse the difference between the non-member rate and the member rate for the event.