Annual Industry Report
The Self Storage Association UK Annual Industry Report includes data collected from customers currently using self storage and for the fifth year running, the results of a YouGov Survey carried out among the public. All this, combined with our industry data, provides a comprehensive report into the UK self storage industry.
Thanks to the team at Cushman & Wakefield for completing the data analysis. Thanks also to all the members who completed the annual survey, without their input we could not produce such a high quality report.
- Occupancy on current lettable space is 76.2% down from 77.2% last year.
- The UK average net rental rate is £22.82 per square foot per annum
- 91% of customers are satisfied with the service from their self storage provider
- 48% of the public have a good awareness of self storage
- Divorced or separated people are twice as likely to use self storage
- 32% of self storage customers are involved in moving house
- 41% of self storage customers have used self storage previously
- 72% of businesses that use self storage have less than 10 staff
Previous reports for comparison can be downloaded here: