The first ever online European Self Storage Conference, with a massive line up of speakers all accessible from the comfort of your home or office.
Find your local self storage provider
Enter a postcode to search for your closest SSA UK member and get a quote for self storage.
The Self Storage Association (SSA UK) is the principal trade association representing both self storage operators and industry supplier members’ interests in the UK.
The mission of the SSA UK is to:
- Set the standard for the industry
- Promote the self storage industry in the UK
- Provide industry specific research
- Provide a lobbying forum to promote industry interests with statutory bodies
- Provide a forum for discussion and debate between members through a network of events including the annual conference, and regional meetings.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of self storage and promote best practice within the industry
SSA UK currently has a membership of approximately 450 storage operators and suppliers to the industry with membership growth in line with the sector. Nationally, there are approximately 1,582 primary facilities, offering approximately 45.6 million square feet of rentable space (Source Cushman & Wakefield/SSA UK).
Our publications and resources
The agreement released in June 2020 has been completely revised with simpler language, a clearer front cover, updated for Data Protection, use of social media to contact customers and adaption for completion by customers online.
Analysis on data from operators, customers and the general public pertaining to the UK self storage industry
The SSA UK has produced this Manual of Advice and Procedures to cover many legal and operational areas.